What Is A Colophon?
In publishing terms, a colophon is a statement about how a book was published – things like the place it was published, who published it and when it was published are usually included, and these are usually found within the first few pages of a book. You’ve seen them so many times and now you know what they’re called!
When used in terms of a website, a colophon tends to be about the tools and resources that the website owner used to create it. For bloggers, this could be really useful because it’s one location that you can direct people to when they ask for things like what you host your website on, or what camera you use.
Here are a few things that you may want to include in your colophon
- What platform you use to create your website
- Where you host your website
- Where you bought your domain name from
- Where you get any stock images from
- If you use any specific tools to help run your website or social media
- What camera you use
- What image editing software you use
Head over to our colophon if you’d like to see an example (or if you just want to know more about how this website is run!)