It’s the time of year that we all tend to take some time out to look back at the past year. It can be difficult though remembering what you did throughout the year – it’s bad enough when you have to do it for your work, because who can remember what happened 3 months ago! Keeping a blogging journal like Kristabel is a great idea and really useful for when you want to take a look back at your year or when you just want to see how you dealt with a situation previously.
If you can take some time out every 3 months to look over your past achievements, then that’s really useful when you get to the end of the year, but if not, you could run through all of these questions at once. Grab a pen and a notebook from that stash that we know you’ve got!
Every 3 Months
- What post(s) are you most proud of? How could you use this information to create new posts over the next quarter?
- What could you have done better? Perhaps scheduling social media, or responding to emails quicker?
- What could you make more efficient? Save time with auto responses, for example, or bulk uploading social media posts.
- What are your priorities for the next few months?
You could also note down what your various statistics are – this will depend on what you want to measure, but some things that you could record are your social media following numbers, the amount of visits your blog received each month, your domain authority or your Alexa ranking
- What has made you happy this year?
- What was your biggest challenge?
- Where do you want your blog/Instagram/etc to be this time next year?
- What do you want to learn next year?
For a look at your personal life, check out Year Compass – it’s a free download.