Related Posts

4 Comments

1. Interesting. I hadn’t heard of requesting payment for removing links, although I haven’t actually been asked to remove any. Would it not just be with really incongruous content, or some really obvious keywording?
    Have a read of this about Google’s new Hummingbird update, I think you will find it interesting:
    http://econsultancy.com/uk/blog/63614-has-hummingbird-changed-seo-forever?dm_i=LQI%2C1X3X4%2CBVPXVC%2C6W1EI%2C1&utm_campaign=3224344_932-daily-pulse-uk-2013-10-21&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Econsultancy

xox

2. This seems quite far fetched if you ask me. Getting paid for something is because you’re doing some work on it ie. taking time to pull together and draft a post, etc. but removing a link is quite the opposite – it requires no work and takes all of 2 seconds. To charge for removing links could potentially jeopardise a good relationship with a brand and may give you somewhat of an undesired reputation in the blogging community. For me, charging to remove a paid for link is a bit much.

3. I don’t know if I would charge to remove a link that I’d been paid to put there, but I think I would charge to remove a link I hadn’t been paid for. It’s still giving up your time to help out a company, and if you don’t value your time, who will? xx

4. Hey

The reason I usually because the company have been hit with a penalty and Google may have spotted ‘unnatural links’ and flagged yours up (google aren’t always right but it’s better to do as they say). So, from an SEO perspective, they have to contact site owners and ask for its removal. Pointless asking for payments, as it can be put in a disavow file and Google will ignore it anyway x

Leave a Reply to MelCancel reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.